Thursday, November 7, 2013

Great News!!!

     So, I felt inspired lately.  As you know, I am a Navy Veteran and I served on the USS Iowa.  Well, these classes inspired me toward the idea of actually making a documentary on the USS Iowa and the veterans who served aboard her.  So, I mentioned it to my former CO, Gerry Gneckow, who then told me that Mark Mockett was already working on one, and gave me his contact information as well as passing my info to him.  I then contacted Mark and we met 3 weeks ago.  It was a successful meeting and he brought me aboard his project, though I was not even sure what my title would be or even if I would have one at this point.  Today, I met with Mark again and three of his crew for lunch.  A wonderful meeting and I discovered that I would be a Production Assistant as well as a liaison with the Pacific Battleship Center and the USS Iowa Veterans Association.  I'm excited for this opportunity to actually work on a film and apply what I've been learning about film production from my recent classes.  I will keep you informed.
     On a side note, I noticed that Mark had already worked out the budget for the film.  The form he showed the crew was pretty much like the form that Prof. Dowell handed out in class last week when we discussed making budgets.  I was astonished.  So, I asked if I could possibly have a copy of the budget just as a reference giving the above explanation as a reason.  So, now I have an actually movie budget for my class notes.
    On the down side, this past weekend, I apparently downloaded a "horrific maleware" that just destroyed ALL the files on my computer.  Guess what news I saw after three days of trying to get it OFF my laptop??
  http://www.today.com/money/nasty-new-malware-locks-your-files-forever-unless-you-pay-8C11511655 
Gee, no kidding.  Well, thanks. Now that my homework on a proposed budget is ALREADY late.  Now that I had ALL the information for it in a file on my laptop BEFORE it got infected.  Oh well.  Look, all this tells me is that I REALLY need to invest in a separate hard drive to back up my files or buy some more cloud space!!  Never too old to learn.

Thank you and please feel free to leave a comment or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment